Well, finally bit the bullet. After checking some of the local stores, I’ve decided to order the carpet online. I ended up ordering Tahoe Pontoon Boat Carpet, 28 ounce in platinum grey. Continue reading
The distance from the top of the water line to the top of the stuff that the boat is stuck on.
Before I brought the boat home, I put a good coat of paint on the outside of the panels. Now that I have the railing / panels removed, I can clean them better, and paint the inside of the panels.
Mariners way of returning to shore without having to leave the boat.
Now that I have the rub rails removed all the way around, I can access the lock nuts holding the railings onto the boat, from outside of the boat. This makes it much easier since I’m doing the work by myself. I started at the front (bow) of the pontoon boat Continue reading
Trying to figure out how I’m going to replace the carpet. The side railings were on top of the old carpet, bolted down to the deck, with lock nuts that are on the bottom of the pontoon boat. I couldn’t even see most of the lock nuts, as they were between the pontoons and the the deck, in a small space only about two inches clearance. Continue reading
Finally got the pontoon boat back to Texas. Next step was to replace the carpet. However, Grandad and I never removed the console. So it had to come out before I could replace the carpet (as well as remove the rails). Continue reading
I had some time before I headed to Texas. I don’t think I mentioned before, but I bought the boat in Alabama, and had to pull it to Texas. Since I still had some time, we decided to try and put a coat of paint on the side panels, just to see how hard it would be to cover up. Continue reading
Now that we have all the boat seats, as well as a small table removed, we can now start cleaning the interior. You can tell the carpet USED to be some shade of maroon. I took the pressure washer to try and blast some of the crud and growth that had built up. Continue reading
Next step is to remove / gut the interior. All of the seats are pretty much rotten. Basically a real simple, but not easy process, with a pry bar and hammer. We tried unscrewing and removing the bolts where we could, but most of them were too rusted or bent. I was going to keep the old seats, and use them as a pattern to build the new seats. However, we pretty much destroyed them taking them out. They were just falling apart. Continue reading